Monday, January 14, 2008

I've got lots more pics to post, but tonight I just want to share one of my very favorite Thomas Merton quotes. These words helped pull me out of a deep, dark pit a couple of years ago, and they continue to inspire me today:
Humility consists in being precisely the person you actually are before God, and since no two people are alike, if you have the humility to be yourself you will not be like anyone else in the whole universe. It is not humility to insist on being someone that you are not. It is as much as saying that you know better than God who you are and who you ought to be. It takes heroic humility to be yourself and to be nobody but the person, or the artist, that God intended you to be.

These thoughts both challenge and encourage me, and I hope they reach someone else who needs to hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home